“خَيْرُكُمْ مَنْ تَعَلَّمَ الْقُرْآنَ وَعَلَّمَهُ”
“The best among you are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it”.
NooN Quranic Academy (NooN) is an after-school program operated by Illiana Islamic Association (IIA) and specializes in Quran reading, memorization and the education of Muslim youth in Northwest Indiana.
NooN has developed a unique program, that achieves a great balance between educating our youth, while creating a beautiful inviting atmosphere in the Mosque for the entire family to be a part of a real community and feel the beauty of Islam.
The highly trained and qualified staff of NooN teach small classes between 3-6 students only where all classes are divided in a way ensuring all students in the same class are very close in their reading level, this gives our students the best chance to succeed.
We currently have a very wide range of Students, from the age of 6 all the way to the age 65, and from students starting from the Alphabets, all the way to students working on finishing the full Quran in memorization.
We currently offer many programs that teach our students a variety of topics that include and are not limited to how to read, memorize, and understand the holy Quran. Fundamental Islamic education, in addition to athletic programs and fun events for everyone.
We currently offer the following classes:
- NooN Program (Reading and memorizing basics): This is the most common program we offer in NooN and is open for all ages and levels. Students in this program attend 3 times a week for one hour each time and learn the basics of reading and memorizing the Holy Quran. Students are divided in to small classes 3-6 students in each class based on the students age, gender, level in reading and level in memorization. Students in the lowest levels start from the letters in reading, and start from Surat Al-fatiha in memorization. Students in the highest levels are able to read the Holy Quran fluently with full rules of tajweed and memorize multiple juza’ from the holy Quran.
- The Hafith Program (memorizing the full Quran): This Program is only available for students who can show that they can read the Quran fluently with the rules of tajweed. Students attend 3 or 5 times a week and work towards memorizing the full Quran.
- Ejaza Program (Quran certification): This program gives the opportunity for individuals who would like to be certified for the betterment of themselves or to be able to teach in the future. The certificate given by this program is issued by a worldly renowned and respected institution that specializes in this matter (THE CONSERVATION OF THE HOLY QURAN SOCIETY). This program has multiple levels. To graduate each level in this program students need to attend 40 hours of classes and then pass all the exams needed.
- Ladies Tajweed Class (Quran classes for adult sisters): In this program we offer classes in convenient times for our busy sisters , on weekends or in times when kids are at school . Sisters in this class learn the fundamentals of reading the holy Quran with the rules of tajweed .
- Islamic Studies: In this program students attend once every two weeks to get a basic Islamic education on a variety of essential topics that every Muslim needs to know and understand. Like What does it mean to be a Muslim, who is our lord Allah (SWT), who is the prophet Mohammed (PBU), Salah , Hadith , Manners , stories from the Quran , and more.
- Bayyinah Program (Arabic Grammar / Arabic Morphology / Arabic Syntax): This program is only available for students who can read the Quran fluently. In this class students attend once a week and learn the basics needed for them to understand the language of the holy Quran .
- Manners Class : This class covers a variety of good Islamic manners our youth need to learn, and how a Muslim needs to conduct himself in private and public.
- The Basketball Program: Students learn the basics of playing basketball while allowing them to conveniently play before or after their scheduled Quran classes.
- Events: NooN offers a variety of monthly events that aim to keep the kids engaged and rewards them for their hard work.