Illiana Islamic Association (IIA) is looking for an Imam to join our community in Highland, IN USA. The Imam position is a critical role and will lead the community in the daily salat, community support, lead and teach the community in accordance to Islam and the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), among other duties described below.
The following is a list of responsibilities expected by the Imam:
- -Provide Spiritual/Religious guidance to IIA community.
- -Lead community in daily salah, taraweeh support, and upkeep daily salat schedule.
- -Provide lessons and khaterah (small talks) to enhance the community knowledge in Quran, Hadith, Seerah, Fiqh, etc on a regular basis.
- -Conduct Janazah (funerals) and officiate Nikah (marriage contracts) for community members.
- -Maintain strong relationships with Muslim and non-Muslim faith leaders in and around Northwest Indiana/Greater Chicago area.
- -Coordinate and deliver Friday/Eid khutbas.
- -Support and uplift IIA fundraising, Ramadan, and other Islamic causes/events.
- -Lead by example and usher the community towards a higher state of faith and closeness to Allah (SWT) and the love of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
- -Ability to foster love, inclusion, and unity amongst a diverse group of Muslims from different cultural backgrounds.
- -Assist and support programs for new Muslims.
- -Maintain regular and convenient office hours for community members to seek religious counsel and guidance.
- -Increase community engagement and volunteerism.
- -Provide consultation to the Board of Directors on community issues, activities, and religious matters as requested.
- -Provide consultation and feedback regarding existing educational programs, activities, and events as requested.
- -Dedicated in raising the standards – knowledge and spiritual.
The following is a list of qualifications the Imam should have:
- -Bachelors or Higher degree in Islamic Studies from an accredited or highly recognized institution.
- -Comprehensive knowledge in Quran, Sunnah, Hadith, Aqeedah, Fiqh, and Sharia.
- -Memorized a large portion, or all of the Quran.
- -Able to recite the Quran with proper Tajweed and an understanding of the Tafseer
- -Fluency in the English and Arabic (spoken and written; Urdu is a plus).
- -Empathy, ability to listen attentively and patiently to community members.
- -Ability to work with other Muslim leaders and have a strong understanding of interfaith discourse.
- -Ability to teach at varying levels of Islamic education; beginner to advanced.
- -Authorized to work in the United States. (US Citizen or Permanent Resident).
- -Has memorized the full Quran with good Qira’ah.
- -Good orator with a good understanding of English and Arabic grammar.
- -Extensive experience in leadership.
- -Experience with conflict prevention and resolution.
- -Experience in Islamic family and counseling.
- -Experience in teaching and developing new programs/activities for new Muslims.
- -Previous experience as an Imam
- -Experience leading Muslim communities and leading interfaith activities.
- -Proficient in computer, social media, and technology.
- -Published Islamic research or literature.
Benefits and Compensation:
Salary range: 75k-100k (based on experience and qualification)
PTO: Unlimited w/ board approval